Sunday, October 19, 2014

Menu Plan for the Week of October 19th

You can find all of these meals plus a few others on my Pinterest Board Called October Menu Plan. 
I invite you to follow me on Pinterest for all things Broke but Rich!

What's cooking this week?  In our house, we are having lots of low-cost meals! 

Sunday:  Dinner:  Chicken and Rice
I use my granny's recipe every single time it is gobbled up by every family member.  It is definitely one of the meals that I know I can make cheaply, easily, and will be a hit.  Think you can't make chicken and rice?  It's easy!  I'll show you how on my next post!

From The Girl Who Ate Everything
Monday:  Baked Ziti, Salad, Garlic Bread, Apple crisp
I'm going to be modifying this recipe and going meatless.   Served alongside a hearty salad and garlic bread, I'm hoping my family doesn't miss the meat. 

Tuesday:   Hot Turkey and Cheese Sandwiches, Oven Potato Wedges
From Let The Baking Begin Blog

Wednesday:  One Pot Chicken Bake (Chicken, potatoes, carrots) with cornbread muffins
This meal appeals to my comfort food side!  It just looks like a warm, fall dish.  And it couldn't be easier and since it all cooks together there is little mess to clean up before we head out to Awanas.


From Tidymom

Thursday:  Sausage Alfredo with green beans
This one dish wonder comes from Tidymom.  She has delicious food recipes plus crafts, organizing and homemaking advice on her blog.  I like it when I find pasta recipes that don't use red sauces.  Nothing wrong with a red pasta sauce, I just like the change it gives to the pasta when a recipe uses something different. 

From Allthecooks
From Kitchme
Friday:  Fried Rice with Pepper Steak
My kids love Fried Rice and pairing it with pepper steak makes my husband happy.

This recipe for Pepper Steak looks easy enough and has great ratings!


1 comment: