Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Grocery Shopping Plan October 29th : $100 per week budget

I try to keep my grocery budget to around $100 per week for my family of 9.  We have 7 kids, 5 of which are teenagers.  We live on a very tight budget so stretching my bucks at the grocery store is a must!  I do try to keep things on hand for them to snack on including boiled eggs, apples, bananas, or oranges, cheese blocks or sticks, crackers, peanut butter, popcorn, tortillas with refried beans, and I try to keep a homemade sweet in the cake holder. 


I'm excited about adding chicken corn chowder to the menu this week.  I make this often in the winter months but haven't made it all summer.   About half of my family really likes soup!  What do the others do when we have something they don't like?  They eat leftovers or fix a PBJ.  I'm not a short order cook but I don't mind if they find an alternative.  They just have to be the ones to make it.

Salisbury Steak with mashed potatoes and brown gravy was requested from Brandi.  She loves brown gravy over anything.  Looks hearty and filling and we haven't had it in a very long time either.

The lime chicken was inspired by both items being on sale this week along with the tortillas and salsa.  So yum! 

I will be posting the full menu with the recipes on Sunday.  You can get a sneak peek at the recipes by following my menu planning board on Pinterest.  

Here are my ideas:

Ideas
BreakfastGeneral Mills cereal
BreakfastBacon and Eggs
BreakfastEggo Waffles
breakfastsmoothies
lunchHomerun Pizza
lunchPBJ
lunchBLT
lunchcorndog muffins
snacksKraft mac and cheese
snacksOrville Redenbacher popcorn
snacksLittle Smokies
snackscorndog muffins
dinnerLime Chicken Tacos with corn on the side
dinnerSalsibury Steak with mashed potatoes and peas
dinnerpork chops with mac and cheese and green beans
dinnerchicken corn chowder wth garlic cheese biscuits
dinnerBLT's and Baked Potato Bar

List for  Winn-Dixie

shopping list WDCost
green onions$1
garlic1
frozen or canned corn X 21.2
canned chopped chilis1
bacon (smithfield) BOGO7
chicken breasts7
jarred or packet brown gravy1
top London Broil (ground)8
tortillas or shells (chi-chi) BOGO4
salsa (chi-chi) BOGO4
kraft mac and cheese BOGO4
little smokies (hillshire farms BOGO)5
Homerun Pizza8
Eggos BOGO4
General Mills Cereal (BOGO)
5
total: $61.20

List for Save A Lot

lettuce  $1.5
limes1
tomato2
bagged potatoes4
flour2
chicken quarters4
butter3
onions1.3
eggs2
onion soup mix2
sour cream2
hot dogs2
corn muffin mix2
crescent rolls2
pork chops8
half and half2
total: $40.80

No comments:

Post a Comment