Sunday, August 3, 2014

Goals for the Week of August 4-10th



I started reading "Say Goodbye to Survival Mode" by Crystal Paine (Moneysavingmom.com) a few months ago.  At the time I couldn't even begin to put it into practice.  I was too stressed, too worried, too busy, and too depressed to think I could make a major change in my life!  Oh, how wrong was I?  Since deciding to quit my job, I picked up Crystal's book again and am going to make a go of actually using the techniques she teaches to help me in my new ventures in this new life of mine.

Crystal advocates making SMART goals, both short-term and long-term.  Here are my goals for the week, not in order of importance!

Home
1.  Bathrooms and kitchen counters cleared off before bedtime.
2.  Turn on the dishwasher!  Seriously, we all load our dirties all day long but no one actually turns the thing on!
3.  Make sure little girls leave no clothes on the floor.  They change like 1531 times a day.
4.  Begin working on a dresser transformation.  Pics to follow!
5.  Finish reorganizing back porch since I brought home wooden shelves from school.  I found them sitting on the side of the road a few years ago and snagged them for my class.  Seriously, teachers fund almost everything you see in a classroom from their own pockets.

Marriage
1.  Pray for Chris everyday, especially this week while he's chaperoning band camp!!!
2.  Text him something sweet and nice once a day.
3.  Transfer our direct deposits to his account.  We have separate accounts, yes we do!  Best thing we ever did for not arguing about money. 

Kids
1.  Call to make some dr and dentist appointments.  I think everyone needs one or the other, oh the joy!
2.  Talk to each one individually about any other Back to School needs they have.
3.  Check on school schedules and enroll for FLVS if necessary for anything
4.  Begin reading from Junie B Jones, 1st grader to Camryn and Annika.  Camryn's going to 1st grade this year!
5.  Make Senior picture appointments for Brandi and Christin.

Personal
1.  Read and Pray with ifequip.com  Finishing up the study of Acts
2.  Read and Study Sunday School lesson
3.  Finish Undaunted by Christine Caine
4.  Finish Say Goodbye to Survival Mode by Crystal Paine
5.  Walk the block 4 nights with the kids
6.  Watch the debut of Jen Hatmaker's new show on HGTV Thursday night at 10 pm
7.  Attend "Sole Hope" party hosted by my fabulous friend Nikki.  We will be making it possible for kids in impoverished countries to have denim shoes to prevent Jiggers.

Blog/Business
1.  Post weekly menu
2.  Type up some paperwork for "Angie's Grocery Fairy Service" 
3.  Watch sales information for Publix and Winn-Dixie to plan coupon order.
4.  Make weekly shopping list.
5.  Write 3 content blog posts this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment