Monday, November 17, 2014

Menu Plan for the Week of November 17th

We are expecting our first freeze this week and a couple of days of cold weather.  That kind of weather screams "warm, comfort food" to me.  Here's my menu plan for my family of 9.


from Food.com

Country Farm Chicken Casserole
I found this recipe while searching for ideas for using up shredded chicken breasts.  I bought 3 trays of chicken breasts at Sam's club for $1.87 per pound.  This beats the Walmart price of $1.99 per pound and is much cheaper than WD or Publix even when they have theirs on BOGO.

I stewed one whole tray in a big stockpot with some celery, garlic, onion, and carrots to make a great broth.  I plan to use half of the tray for this one dish casserole.  I will probably serve it with some crescent rolls.

Paula Deen's Cheesy Baked Macaroni
This is always my go to recipe for baked macaroni.  This is a meatless meal but very filling.  I usually serve it with green beans and roasted carrots.
From Make it Do

Ham, Beans and Cornbread
This blogger does pretty much what I do to make this tasty, southern dish.  However, I add salt at the end of cooking since ham itself usually has a high amount of saltiness itself.  I don't have a ham bone to use but instead will use a package of diced ham.

On Wednesday I plan to clean out the refrigerator, since we will be gone for the weekend and either make a pot of soup or a casserole.  





No comments:

Post a Comment